This summer, we are very excited to offer over 30 workshops that are designed to be fun and engaging, but also to build essential skills that students can use in school, work, and life. Every workshop culminates in a final project or performance that they’ll be able to share with peers, parents, friends, and the world. In the coming weeks, The Thick Envelope will feature posts about our workshops that will be offered this summer.
We are happy to hold our summer workshops at Sacred Heart Prep in Atherton, CA from June 7 - August 6. There will be four sessions of workshops. Each session lasts two weeks (June 7-18, June 21-July 2, July 12-23, July 26-Aug 6) and has a morning (10am-12pm) and afternoon (1pm-3pm) period, so there’s plenty of opportunity for students to take more than one workshop!
Tutorpedia Workshops are:
- Real (Project-based). At the end of every workshop, students will have made, done, performed, accomplished, or completed something that they can show to their family and friends.
- Relevant (Authentic). Students will not just be learning about something; they will be actively constructing their understanding and skills in a real context.
- Rigorous (but fun). Workshop authors have chosen the topics they are teaching. Not only are they passionate about their subject matter, they are experts in teaching it.
- Built on Relationships (Personalized). Like Tutorpedia’s 1-1 tutoring, small-group workshops take into account the needs and wants of every student who participates. Enrollment in workshops is kept small to ensure that nobody gets left behind or slips through the cracks. Workshops typically involve 6-10 students and last 12-20 hours (6-10 two hour sessions), but they can be as long or as short as the author wants.
- Enriching. Students cultivate essential skills and habits of mind in a fun, extracurricular context, and they have the chance to work collaboratively with peers who share their interests
Tutorpedia's summer workshops are a great and affordable learning opportunity for students that will help them keep their minds sharp, meet other students from all over the Bay Area, and have a great time learning this summer. For more information, or to enroll, please call us at (415) 948-1585, email email@example.com, or visit our website.
Hope to see you this summer!